Keeping you safe in a post COVID-19 world
As we all prepare to come back to some normalcy, we at Platte Valley Dental Group, want to take a few moments to outline what we do to keep you, our patients, safe. Some of these items are precautions we have always taken; some are new to keep you safe in a post COVID-19 world. Regardless, the safety of both you and our team are of the utmost priority. Should you have any questions or concerns about your visit you are all welcome to contact us directly at the email address below. We have ALWAYS taken infection control extremely seriously. We abide by the American Dental Association (ADA), Nebraska Dental Board and Nebraska Department of Health recommendations.
- Sterilizing instruments
- Using Cavicide (hospital grade disinfectant used to kill viruses and bacteria) to wipe all surfaces in each room between each patient
- Wearing gloves, masks and glasses while treating patients
- Regular hand washing in-between patients
- High Speed Evacuation used in treatment rooms
- Isolite high speed suction used in treatment rooms to remove aerosols
- Nightly cleaning of our entire office
- Comprehensive health history being updated regularly Some new precautions we have implemented which you may see when you are in the office include:
- Pre-appointment screening questions to avoid sick patients entering the office when not necessary
- Screening temperature taken at front desk prior to entering reception area
- Screening of team members when they arrive each day
- Additional cleaning done regularly in the non-treatment areas
- Contact-less check-in/check-out
- Online health history forms
COVID-19 is a very real concern and one which we do not take lightly. With that said, there are numerous other diseases which we are also protecting you from and have been for years. These include HIV, Hepatitis A, B and C, tuberculosis, influenza, norovirus, and numerous others. The precautions to reduce the spread of COVID-19 are not significantly different than those mentioned above. Standard Precautions are in place to prevent the spread of any disease from patient to patient, patient to healthcare provider, or healthcare provider to patient. With that said, we have taken this opportunity to review our policies and improve them where we can. We feel implementing these additional measures will take an extra step to keep both our patients and team safe from all pathogens, even long after the COVID-19 crisis has passed.
We will return on May 4th to treat the dental needs of our patients. Should you have any questions or concerns please let us know. Our family is here for yours! We look forward to seeing your smiles again!
Drs. Foote, Luehrs, and Adams